This tour is a collab between Woods & Water of Sweden and Elles Utemat!
Join us on this one and only two-day kayaking and food tour in the freshwater archipelago of Lake Vättern. Discover the islands, sleep in a tent, make food next to the fire and learn different kinds of outdoor cooking techniques!
In this excursion we discover a slice of southern Sweden’s most pristine natural environments. The water of Lake Vättern is crystal clear, and around the islands the water sometimes looks turquoise. You’ll lose track of time paddling through this quiet and beautiful area well-worth visiting.
Dates available: 13-14 July
(The weekend of 24-25 August we’re doing Kayaking Weekend - Island hopping, it’s almost going to be the same except that Elle won’t be joining us that weekend...)
- Exploring the islands and lagoons from the kayak.
- Staying the night in tents on one of the islands.
- Preparing our own lunch, dinner and breakfast on one of the islands.
- Learning more about different outdoor cooking techniques.
- Maybe some swimming in the cold, but clear lake?
- Learning more about outdoor life and our right to roam in the Swedish nature
Facts about the tour
Comfort level: 2 / 5
Activity level: 4/5
Max. group size: 8
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Olshammar, Aspa Bruk - the harbour at Aspa|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Start 10.00|
- One local guide and kayak instructor will be with you during the whole trip.
- Our very own outdoor chef Elle will guide you through the preparation of all meals.
- Meals: 1x lunch, 1 x dinner, 1 x breakfast.
- The rent of the kayak, paddle, spray skirt and life jacket.
-Drinks and snacks. Please bring your own water and some snacks to have between meals.
-The transport to/from Olshammar. Please be so kind and let us know if you’d like to get picked up!
- The rent of tent, sleeping mattress and sleeping bag. If you’d like to rent a tent including sleeping bag, it's 1200 SEK/ 2 people or 1000 SEK / one person.
- Beers or the like. It's OK to bring a few on your own, but please don't bring glass bottles.
Our guides all have good local-knowledge and are trained kayak instructors.
Yes, this tour is weather dependent. If it’s too windy we’re not able to reach the islands.
In that case we will go to a nearby lake instead. If we need to cancel it all due to security reasons, you will be recharged everything you've paid.
We work with small groups of between 4-8 participants.
This tour has an age limit; participants need to be at least 14 years old
Q: I've never tried kayaking before, is it a problem?
A: Not at all, this tour is perfect for beginners!
Q: Anything we need to bring?
A: Clothes suitable for weather, maybe a camera, personal items. Bring water and snacks to have between meals (and drinks for meals). Remember - the weather in Sweden might change rapidly, bring clothes for all kinds of weather, the temperature might be between 15-35 Celsius.
Q: What’s the weather like?
A: Click here to read about the climate in Sweden
Questions, reservations and payments
If you have any questions – please contact us at email@example.com.
To make a reservation, please use the online booking system below. When you make the reservation you also pay online with a credit card.
You can cancel the tour less than 72 hrs prior to its start and be given the money back – except for 200 SEK/booking (not per person), which we keep as an administration fee.
Cancellations made more than 72 hrs prior to start will be fully refunded.
Cancellations on the same day and no-shows will not be refunded at all.
Please click on the date below to see available tours.
Day 1: Departure
When everyone is ready we set off to the archipelago - only about 20-30 minutes away.
Day 1 Kayaking
We make our dinner together on the outdoor stoves or by the fire.
In the evening there will be time for some more midnight kayaking if you’d like!