A whole day dedicated to the historical and medieval sights in and around Vadstena, though we will do a detour to the Viking Age to visit the runestone Rökstenen. Visiting the ruin of the Alvastra Abbey at the foot of Omberg, explore the convent area and Vadstena abbey, and stroll through the narrow streets in Vadstena on a guided tour. We run this tour every Friday from April to May.
Highlights of Medieval Memories tour:
- The medieval, old town Vadstena
- Guided tours of the convent area and the great Abbey, designed by Saint Birgitta
- Guided tours of the city center and outside the Vadstena Castle
- A walk through the ruin of Alvastra Abbey - an old monastery at the foot of Omberg.
- Rökstenen - a runestone with the worlds longest rune inscription
- Relaxing slow-city life and a beautiful countryside
- A local guide will be at your service during the tour - but you will also have time on your own to explore the city.
Facts about the tour
Comfort level: 5 / 5
Activity level: 2 /5
We will go for walks and guided tours but never far away.
Max. group size: 16 (more often we're only 4-8 people)
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||We start at Alvastra and finish in Vadstena|
|DEPARTURE TIME||11.00 ( the tour will finish at 16.00)|
This tour has no age limit, and is suitable for everyone.
Q: Anything we need to bring?
A: Clothes, camera, personal items.
Q: What's the weather like?
A: Click here to read about the climate of Sweden But we are spending some time outside - so make sure to dress according to the weather.
Questions, reservations and payments
If you have any questions – please contact us at email@example.com.
To make a reservation, please use the online booking system below. When you make the reservation you also pay online with a credit card.
If you cancel the tour less than 72 hrs prior to its start you will be given the money back – except for 200 SEK/booking (not per person) which we keep as an administration fee. Cancellations with more than 72 hrs prior to start will be fully refunded. Cancellations on the same day and no-shows will not be refunded at all.
This tour is taking place Fridays during the spring from April to May. Please click on the date below to see available tours.
10.15 Vadstena Klosterhotel
10.25 Vadstena Youth Hostel
10.50 Ombergs Turisthotell