In collaboration with our partners at VätternKajak. Choose between five kayak rental stations:
- Omberg/ Hästholmen – start at the harbor of Hästholmen. Most people paddle to Omberg, about 3km north of the harborr. The cliffs of the mountain are steep and the best place to go ashore is either just before you get to the mountain, or at Älvarums udde or at Anudden.
- Omberg/Borghamn – at the northern foot of Omberg you’ll find the harbor of Borghamn. From here it only takes a few minutes before you reach Omberg and is secluded beaches.
- Medevi – paddle among ship wrecks and islands in the waters of Medevi. The rentalstation is down by the dock in Medevi, a few kilometres north of Nykyrka (north of
- Olshammar and the northern archipelago – with around 50 islands to explore. The
rental station is at Aspa Harbour in Olshammar, only a few minutes paddling from the
islands of the archipelago.
- Granvik – a small but beautiful maze of islands on the western side of Lake Vättern, not far from the town Karlsborg.Reservations:
The online reservation is through the VätternKajak online system – enter the discount code woodsandwater to get 10% off. Click on the link to visit www.vatternkajak.se and their booking site – start by choosing your destination: